The Spirit of Christmas programme was set up to ensure that all children in Glasgow and the West of Scotland receive a Christmas gift. In previous years the support from St Columba's has been phenomenal and as a result Spirit of Christmas has nominated a charity called Saheliya as the recipient of our gifts. Saheliya is a specialist mental health and well-being support organisation which is based in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
We hope that each pupil will donate a gift for the mother/child. Gifts should not be wrapped but should be presented in a gift bag (this allows the charity to check the gift prior to presenting it to a mother/child). The bag could contain a mixture of small gifts or one gift and must be labelled to indicate the most suitable gender (if relevant) and age.
Please drop your gift into Junior or Senior School Reception by Thursday 6th December.
We appreciate your support for this project. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Shaw (email@example.com).
How to Create a Christmas Gift
Suggested Items from each category are:
- Christmas treat(s) - chocolate santa, selection box, chocolate coins, candy canes etc
- A toy to love - doll, teddy, soft plush, action figure
- Items for art / creative play or school - pencils, colouring pens, sets, books, stickers, colouring in book,
- Toys to play with - board games, action figure, play sets, puzzle, rubix cube, yo-yo, wind up torch, skipping rope, cars, football, magic set, playing cards, activity set
- Item accessories- headphones, earrings, necklace, watch, bangles, bag, scarf, slippers, warm socks or tights, water bottle
- Something to read - comic, annual, book relevant to age range, puzzle book, sports book
- Personal Care - deodorant, fragrance, hairbrush, scrunches, hairclips, showergel, lipgloss, eyeshadow for teens or makeup kit, nail enamel
- Something to wear, xmas pj's, vest, underwear, thermals, socks, gloves, scarf, beanie, hat
* PLEASE DO NOT WRAP INDIVIDUAL ITEMS AS THEY NEED TO BE CHECKED FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY*