School Uniform and Code of Conduct
Return To News
As the summer holidays are now here and uniform shopping will start soon, I am writing to make you aware of some of the main rules relating to uniform and appearance. Please note that there have been a few changes to the list below:
- Kilts must be no shorter than knee-length.
- Trousers should be in a non-fashion style; this means that skinny trousers are not appropriate.
- PE joggers are a compulsory item.
- Hair must be one natural colour and worn in a traditional style.
- One pair of small earrings may be worn in the earlobes. No other visible piercings, including cartilage piercings, are permitted.
- Shoes must be polished and appropriate for school with heels no higher than 4 cm; stiletto heels are not permitted. Trainer styles are not allowed.
- Bracelets and other wrist bands are not permitted.
- From SIII a minimal amount of subtle make-up may be worn; nail varnish and fake tan are not allowed.
- Boys must be clean shaven.
From next session, in response to pupil requests and as an alternative to the kilt, a regulation black trouser option may be purchased from Smiths. One alternative trouser option has been identified at Marks and Spencer (black, ultimate slim leg).
As always, your support for ensuring the highest standards of pupil appearance is very much appreciated. I wish you a very happy and relaxing holiday.
Complete uniform list can be downloaded below.
Victoria J Reilly
Senior Depute Rector