St col

our school

History

Founded in 1897 by the Girls’ School Company, St Columba’s School in Duchal Road opened as a boarding and day school to 54 young ladies. Boys were enrolled into the three youngest classes only and left by the age of eight.

The beautiful building Shalott, situated in Knockbuckle Road, was originally purchased to house the School’s boarders and when boarding ceased in 1970 it was developed as the home of Junior School.

Boys were introduced across the School in 1978 and St Columba’s has been fully co-educational since 1982, with equal numbers of boys and girls at all stages.

110 Years of St Columba's School