There is no better way to experience the atmosphere of St Columba's School than to come and visit us!
St Columba's School is a coeducational day school for pupils aged 3-18 located in the picturesque village of Kilmacolm, a short distance from Glasgow. Here, we offer an outstanding educational experience in an environment where every child is recognised as an individual. Consistently ranked within the top independent schools in Scotland, St Columba’s is renowned for its academic excellence. Pupils represent the school nationally in sport, music, debating, public speaking and array of co-curricular opportunities means that every child has the chance to try something new.
St Columba’s School leads the way both in the classroom and beyond allowing Columban children from 3 to 18 to flourish. To get a taster of life at our school, please click here.
Explore St Columba’s at our April Open Week
Academic excellence, a rich extracurricular offering and a nurturing, friendly environment awaits every child at St Columba’s School and between the 23rd and 26th of April, we are opening our doors and inviting you in to visit us!
Our Rector, Mrs Angus, will be delighted to discuss your child’s future at St Columba’s School and you will also be taken on a guided tour. To arrange your visit, please fill out the form here below or email admissions directly.
For more information on our dedicated coach service, extra-curricular clubs, flexible wraparound care and much more, please click here.
We look forward to meeting you in April!
What makes us special?
- Consistently ranked within the top independent schools in Scotland, St Columba’s is renowned for its first class education and academic excellence. The results obtained by our pupils are consistently among the highest pass rates and percentage As in the country. With national representation at sport, music, debating and public speaking, St Columba’s leads the way both in the classroom and beyond.
- Our size is our strength. With around 700 pupils, each child is known by name and recognised as an individual. Our beautiful countryside location is just twenty minutes from Glasgow. This unique setting and the outstanding educational experience we offer create a school environment that is challenging and vibrant.
- For those who wish to join us for their Sixth Year we offer 15 Advanced Higher subjects (Art & Design, Biology, Chemistry, Classical Studies, Design & Manufacture, English, Geography, History, Latin, Mathematics, Modern Languages - French/Spanish, Modern Studies, Music, Physics) and are happy to discuss your options with you - please call 01505 872238 or email Admissions.
- Pupils can enter the School at any stage - Early Years, Junior School, Transitus (J7) and Senior School - and usually at any time of year. Please get in touch to discuss entry requirements to suit your family's circumstances.
- 23-26 April 2019: Open Week
- 21 September 2019: Open Morning
We encourage families to visit us at any point during the academic year. To arrange a visit and/or a taster day, please email Admissions or telephone the Junior School (Nursery-P6) on 01505 872768 or the Senior School (Transitus-SVI) on 01505 872238.
- January 2020 (dates to be confirmed)
Click here for details of our admissions process and to download an application form.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school!